By phone or fax
Leave your message on our answering machine
Phone: +33 - 9 52 92 09 13 - Fax: +33 - 9 57 92 09 13
Frequently asked Questions
* Who are we ?
With hundreds of suppliers around the world trusting us since the start of our activity in 1988, we have evolved under different structures
(Alice Import, OxGallstones, ARCI Pharmazal, and now ARCI SAS) to adapt to the requirements of pharmaceutical companies with whom we work in colaboration.
Today, thanks to our evolving network of "Authorized Collection Centres" and the help of our "Online Calculator" which optimizes
real-time market fluctuations in the face of supply and demand, we are strengthening our position as world leader with the highest
buyer’s prices offered !
* Can I sell you my gallstone, even if I don’t reside in a country where there is an "Authorized Collection Centre" ?
YES: We are constantly buying all over the world, and we’re always happy to welcome new suppliers from new countries.
* Do you accept other sorts of gallstones?
No: only gallstones from cattle breeds (cows, oxen, bulls, buffaloes, zebus, bison ...) which have the appearance of those presented on our website.
* What do you do with the gallstones that you buy from me ?
We prepare and refine them specifically to meet the stringent standards imposed by the pharmaceutical industry. The purchased
gallstones are prepared and refined in a dedicated laboratory. They are then resold without any intermediary, unlike traders who
don't have their own refining services.
* How can I show you the gallstones I like to sell ?
You can send us your photos, just upload them on your MEMBER’S AREA and send them to us with your sales offer.
* How can I know my price in advance, and make you a SALES OFFER ?
In your MEMBER’S AREA, there is an "online calculator" which calculates your Sales Price when you enter the weight in each category
indicated. If the displayed Sales Price is right for you, simply validate your Sales Offer, and then wait for our confirmation.
* How can I know your final price and receive your Purchase Offer for the gallstones I have sent to you?
As soon as we receive your gallstones, we use the same "online calculator" as you, to get the final price and validate our Purchase Offer.
- The final price is calculated automatically when we enter the weight for each category. If you have initially entered the
exact weight for each category, there is no reason for your Sales Offer to be any different from our Purchase Offer.
- Our Purchase Offer is sent immediately to your Member’s Area, accompanied by photos of your gallstones sorted by category.
Our offer is detailed by category so that you can check it for yourself. Thus, thanks to the "online calculator", you will be
able to enter the weight as received for each category and calculate our proposed Final Price.
* What happens if I make a mistake in the assessment of my gallstones, or if I underestimated or overestimated the value of my gallstones on my Sales Offer ?
This is not very important because your Sales Offer remains indicative. Upon reception of your parcel, we’ll use the "online calculator"
to recalculate their price based on the weight received for each category. It’s therefore normal that our Purchase Offer sometimes
differs, compared to your Sales Offer.
* What can I do if I don’t have a scale to weigh my gallstones ?
On your MEMBER’S AREA, you can make an approximate Sales Offer by entering a weight for all categories combined (example: 100 grams).
You don’t have to enter a weight for each category, so you enter an overall approximate weight. This will not change the final price,
since we take care to check the weight for each category of gallstones that we receive.
* What might be the reason, that there’s sometimes is a slight difference between the price calculated in my Sales Offer and that of your Purchase Offer ?
Given that the final price always depends on the weight given, if there’s a difference in price between your Sales Offer and our
Purchase Offer, it’s because we have not entered the same weight in each category, as you. Several reasons might explain this:
- You haven’t indicated a precise weight, excluded the packing, for each category.
- You have made an error when categorising some of your gallstones (example: some whole gallstones can be downgraded to category 4 if they are mouldy)
- Your gallstones may break during transportation, and some may be downgraded to Broken Category 3. To avoid this, you need to follow our recommendations for packaging with care (everything is explained on your Member’s Area).
- Your gallstones aren’t dry enough, and we’re forced to apply an accelerated drying procedure, which removes moisture and reduces the weight.
* Why can the price displayed by the "online calculator" vary from one assessment to another ?
In order to offer the best price, the prices displayed are continuously optimized in real time and depend on several parameters: weight entered by category, currency rates, market fluctuations related to supply and demand, ...
* The price of 1 gram indicated on the site is that of the category 1 gallstones, but what is the price for the other categories ?
To know the price for the other categories, you need to enter a weight in grams into the desired category in your MEMBER’S AREA.
* How can you offer higher prices than others do all over the world ?
Since 1988, our policy is based on volume and not on the margin, the absence of intermediaries, as well as our powerful calculation
tool which integrates in real time the exchange rates and market fluctuations linked to supply and demand, allow you to have the
guarantee that you’ll benefit from the best prices of the market.
* Is the dispatch of gallstones legal ? Which dispatch method to choose, which description to give, which value to declare ?
Bovine gallstones are classified as animal by-products of category 3b according to EC Regulation 1069/2009. Given that it is a mineral
substance (like stones) and not an organic substance, there’s no need for a specific form or special authorization to send your
gallstones. However, depending on the country of origin and their ignorance of this substance, it’s better to follow our specific
recommendations for each country to ensure a safe and trouble-free dispatch. The carrier's choice, the description to be filled out,
the customs value to declare, as well as the preparatory mode is indicated on the WAYBILL which need to be attached to your parcel.
This is available on your MEMBER’S AREA.
* Where to send my gallstones ?
According to your PROFILE and your COUNTRY, the Waybill to be attached to your parcel is displayed on your MEMBER’S AREA, which
indicates the contact details of the nearest "Authorized Collection Centre", or the address of the head office in France, which
continuously receives parcels from all over the world. Thus, we leave you the choice of choosing a recipient among those proposed by us.
* Is my shipment insured in case that it gets lost ?
Any “Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due” is by default insured, but you can take out an additional insurance depending on the value of your shipment.
* How do I know if you have received my parcel ?
You’ll automatically receive a notification message when we receive your parcel, as is the case for each step of the procedure
(example: Acceptance or Refusal of your sales offer, Reception of your parcel, Purchase Offer, Payment sent, Parcel returned,…..)
* If I change my mind, can I recuperate my gallstones ?
As long as you haven’t accepted our Purchase Offer, you can at any time request the return of your parcel, at our expense.
* If I refuse your purchase offer, what will you do with my gallstones ?
You’re free to accept or reject our Purchase Offer. If you accept it, you’ll be paid within 24 hours. If you refuse it, we’ll send
them back to you immediately and at our expense in their original state, without you having to give a justification for your choice.
* I like to sell my gallstones, but I do not want to send them ! What do I do ?
If you have a large amount of gallstones and you live in a country where there is an "Authorized Collection Centre", a partner can
meet with you. Otherwise, sending them is the only way you can sell us your gallstones.
Sending your first parcel is indeed the most difficult step, but it allows you to familiarize yourself with the process and then check
your satisfaction. That is why, if you have the slightest doubt, please contact your Account Manager first, and send him a first parcel
for testing, with the minimum amount of gallstones: 100 grams is enough! We prefer to have
from satisfied suppliers rather than unfavourable reactions.
* What guarantee do I have to get paid ?
Since the start of our business in 1988, we’ve never had a single disagreement. How could it be otherwise, since if the supplier refuses
our Purchase Offer we will return his parcel immediately and at our expense !
The gallstones business is an exclusive milieu where all the big players know each other, and we need to have an exemplary reputation to
continue to participate !
What would be our interest in not paying a new supplier, since the continuity of our activities depends exclusively on the recruitment
of new suppliers!
We’re aware that reliable suppliers are rare. We therefore have every interest in keeping them loyal rather than disappointing them,
especially as today, the slightest misstep is immediately made public on the Internet.
* How am I paid ? By which means of payment, and in which currency ?
It’s up to you to choose the currency and the means of payment you wish to receive, you can make that choice on your MEMBER’S AREA (examples: Bank transfer in USD, Western Union in Euros, etc.)
* If I don’t have a bank account, is it possible to receive cash ?
Yes, you can choose the corresponding payment method (example: Western Union, Money order,..)
* When am I paid ?
24h after you accept our Purchase Offer
* I can’t login to my account !
To login, you must click on MEMBER’S AREA and enter your Email and Password. If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the
link "Forgotten password" and indicate the email address used when you register/created your account.
* How can I contact you ?
You can use the messaging system or leave a message on our answering machine (see: top of the page), or contact your "dedicated Account Manager" directly
(Photo, Name, Email, Mobile Phone, WhatsApp, ....) from your MEMBER’S AREA.
* I might have gallstones to sell, but I'm not sure if they’re really gallstones ?
In order not to be fooled, first consult the photos of the different types of gallstones on the
"What is it about
" page. You can then send us a picture of your gallstones from
your MEMBER’S AREA in the PROCEDURE / Step 3
* I would like some help with various questions: how do I do that ?
Just follow this procedure:
- Register on our site
- Confirm your registration by clicking on the link that is automatically sent to your mailbox after your registration (if you see no email, check your SPAM folder or your unwanted messages folder)
- Access your MEMBER’S AREA where everything will be explained to you in the form of texts and videos.
- Contact your "dedicated Account Manager".
Register to use instant messaging: all informations are in your Member Area.
Warning: If you want an immediate response, thank you to register and use instant messaging from your Member Area.
* I would like to represent you in my Country, and collect gallstones for your company. What are my guarantees and my advantages ?
We have created a Partnership Program related to an "Authorized Collection Centres". If you are a reliable seller, who routinely sends
us gallstones, we may reward your loyalty by offering you a Partnership.
Through this Partnership, you will have access to contact information for potential gallstone providers located in your country or in
neighbouring countries, so that you might contact them to collect their gallstones.